Thursday, September 23, 2010

comparing lives

i came across this reading online "Why play in someone else’s garden when you’ve got a great one of your own? " made me ponder.

i sometimes too have those moments.
is it bad comparing lives? is it bad that sometimes you also think of what might have been, and those what if's? i think it's healthy that at least your mind is working up, but mind you, this is also depressing and once you started, the important thing is that you learn to come out of it before it sucked you even deeper.

i am pretty much content with what i have and the blessings that i am receiving right now. i am grateful that i have what i need, good health, a loving family and good people that surrounds me. there are times though that it still cross my mind of wanting more, and wishing of something to do that will make myself more fulfilling.

this petty thoughts kicks in when i get sad and frustrated with my H, when i get sick of repetitive things, when i get tired of idle times and being unproductive.  i think of my friends, batchmates, workmates before who are at the moment at the peak of their career, doing the things i love doing, and those who bravely faced the challenge of a bigger world alone.  i think, maybe (just maybe), i am very fulfilled and happier if i am to be in their shoes.  i would have ended to the same place if i made different decisions in life.

i think it is normal to feel this way.  then i snap myself up. worried that my sadness will turned into bitterness, and that, that is unhealthy. i remind myself that i am in the situation i am right now because of the decisions i've made and also opportunities that have come along my way. i remember good things that i experienced and blessings i have now.  then it changes my perspective.

like, i hate it when my H is so busy that he don't have enough time to spend with us, when he doesn't remember the words i say most of the times.  i hate it when my work gets complicated that i have to be in the office at most days when i am supposedly picking up my kids from school.  i get stressed and so i shift perspectives.  My H is managing a thousand number of employees and this keep him busy, thinking of his own stress...give me enough to forgive him...a job that fuel our kids future.  i am thankful that somebody valued my services, i am thankful that i am able to use my skills and have an opportunity to widen my knowledge at the same time. i am thankful that i got a job that not only helps me support my personal and my kids needs but give me own right to my sched that give me privilege of spending more time with my kids. after thinking this, then it's not heavy as i previously perceived it.

sometimes we are so blinded with our emotions at the moment that we lose sight of the good things we've got going to ourselves.  perhaps others lives are really happier and fulfilling. or maybe it is not as happier as we think it is.  whatever situation we are, it might not be as bad as  we think.  appreciate what we have. be thankful. then, we can live happy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...