Saturday, October 09, 2004

The Wedding (Nicholas Sparks)

Just finished reading this novel. Whoah what can I say. Grabee guys you should read this book. If you happened to enjoy its prequel the Notebook, You'll be even moved with this one. Though its about a story of a married couple, you can still relate and I am sure you'll be wanting to know how did a man saved a failing marriage and how he brought back his wife love for him. After reading this you will remember the joy of falling in love and the challenge of staying in love.
Let me tell you a little from this story. It was just started after Wilson forgot their 29th Anniversary. And this incident trigger everything of his past long long series of careless missteps as a husband. Now he has to face the painful truth that her wife has fallen out of love with him and it was his fault. Though he knew he love his wife as much as he did the day they were married and it has grown even more over the years, how will he able to express his true feelings? That is what the romantic novel will tell you.



Lines from the book that greatly moved me.


"It's funny, but have you ever noticed that the more special something is, the more people seem to be take it for granted? It's like they think it won't ever change. Just like this house here. All it ever needed was a little attention, and it would never have ended up like this in the first place." (wilson conversation with the minister)


Some lines from the letter made by Wilson to Jane:


"Some Things, after all, have never changed. In the mornings, for instance, my first thoughts after waking are - and always have been - of you."
"Throughout our marriage, you've been my dream, and I'll never forget how lucky I've felt ever since the first day we walked togetherin the rain."


"I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are there, in everything I am, in everything I've ever done, and looking back, I know that I should have told you how much you've always meant to me."


"I once made a vow to you on the steps outside the courthouse, and as your husband of thirty years, it's time I finally made another: From this point on, I will become the man I always should have been. I'll become romantic husband, and make the most of the years we have left together. And in each precious moment, my hope is that I'll do or say something that lets you know that I could ever never have cherished another as much as I've always cherished you."


And when Wilson asked Jane: "If you had to do it all over - and knowing how everything would turn out with us - would you marry me again? and Jane answered "Yes I would".


As have said in the book, It is posible for two people to fall in love all over again, even when there's been a life time of disappointment between them. And I would wanted to believe on that.(",)


Ooops...almost 6:00pm. Got to go now. I am starving...I didnt have my lunch today coz of reading, then can't wait to blog it.*smile* Basta guys try to read this one, the last 70 pages of the book will surprised you and surely will left a spot in you heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...